Monday, February 14, 2011

I hEaRt YoU dAy

Happy Valentines Day Jackson. You are the light of my life and brighten EVERY day.

Today Jackson's school had lunch for us to come over and share with him "Lunch with the ones you LOVE" and I sure do love this boy!
On the menu...Salad with ranch dressing, mashed potatoes, chicken and peaches. Jackson ate a great lunch despite Daddy and I there, he was wanting to leave as he knows he usually sees us at drop off and pick up. I felt horrible for confussing him. I was so glad to see what it is like at lunch time with Jackson. He is quite the little man and has WONDERFUL mannors, he used his please and thank yous, and laid his hands in his lap until the food was served to all his little class mates. Jackson also uses a fork and spoon so good AND drinks milk from a cup with NO lid, as well as he DIDN'T spill the milk!
After he was done eatting he clears his own plate and then washes his hands and his face. I was so proud to see this.

So now back to the topic of Valentines day...Hallmark holiday or a day to offically let someone know MORE so than you do everyday just how much they are loved??? I will go with the second of the two options.
Jackson I want you to know just how important it is to EVERYDAY let someone know just how thankful you are for them being in your life. You may think "well they already know this". You can NEVER let someone know that you love them too much... I hope that I teach you life lessons and habbits that instill the importance of always being a cheerful giver. MomMom & Grandma always said that I was happiest when I was giving some one a gift or sharing my love with them. I would even wrap up my own things and give them to others, either for their birthday or just because. It takes but a second to look someone in the eye or send a note or a text to let them know that they are loved and are important. Now don't get me wrong, you do not always have to buy a gift to show your gratitude for someone. Its the thought that counts and actions speak louder than words and mean more than material things. So when you tell someone something, look them in the eye and mean it. If you DON'T mean it DON'T say it. I am sure we will come back to this topic some day in a different topic, however for the time being lets leave it as this!

Jackson, you are going to experience heartbreak, hardship, failure and will unfortunatly be let down at some point in your life. I would give anything on earth to help you avoid this. However it is from these experiences that you will learn from. Don't repeat the same mistake twice. Love like you will never love again, and dance like no one is watching AND sing like no one is listening. I hope that I live up to your expectations in life and that with let down and failure my name does not come to mind. I will always do my best to show you by example and teach you quailties in life that will get you along way.

So on this Valentines day, I want you to know that I love you beyond measure and I am serious beyond measure. You have taught me so many things so far in our short time of knowing eachother. I am so thankful and blessed to have the title of Mommy but the fact that YOU gave me this title means the world to me. Thank you for being MY Valentine, I could not ask for a better one.

I hEArT YOU JaCkSoN...and will forever.
Happy Valentines Day-
Mommy

I hEaRt YoU mOrE JaCkSoN!

Jackson and Mom

Why hello there handsome...

The Hayes Family


Jackson eatting his lunch with his friends

The Zap family...(minus one, Olivia was in her room)

Future Girlfriend?!?!? Maybe so!

Daddy and Jackson

Jackson washing his hands after lunch

...and his face!

No comments:

Post a Comment