Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday morning...

This morning Justin kissed me goodbye at 5:30am to go up to Sunrise ski resort to get in an afternoon of skiing. Jackson woke up at 7:50am, roaring to go. I woke up to the sounds of giggles and laughter and "Mommy, mommy out"...when I went into his room he was standing in his "tented crib" smiling from ear to ear. I took him out and pulled him into our bed for a few more minutes of snuggle time and some Saturday morning cartoons.
Papa came over to fix the chair railing that Jackson pulled at so much that it pulled away from the wall and snapped. This happened a good 8 months ago but with how crazy our life is we have not had an opportunity to fix it. Thank goodness it was a quick and easy fix. Dad and I laughed and commented on why hadn't we done it sooner. We are in the process of getting ready to transform Jackson's "baby room" in to a "big boy room" so this was one of the 1st steps in getting it ready.
Jackson was thrilled to have Papa over and wanted to help every step of the way. Papa let Jackson carry the smaller tool box up the stairs to his room and you could just tell that Jackson was in heaven. He loves his Papa soooo much its quite humorous. After we were finished with the chair railing repair dad invited Jackson and I to go down and visit Moms grave. I have not been since late in the fall last year. Its hard to go now with it getting dark earlier and by the time I am off of work its just too late, and I must admit I in a way have just not been able to get myself to go. Now with Jackson talking soooo much about MomMom I did not really know what to expect when we got there. He loves to talk about "Angel MomMom" and always tells her that he misses her at night.
I want him to go to the grave and know that is where her "physical body" remains however she is in heaven with Jesus watching down on us. I want him to always know that we can talk to her whenever and where ever we are. It helps me to talk to her at night either when I am driving home from the cdc with Jackson or after we say our prayers and tuck Jackson in bed. I know that she must be sooo thrilled to see how much he has grown and how much he loves his Papa.
It was a beautiful 65 degrees out with a nice afternoon breeze. Jackson ran up to the grave where Ashley was already sitting and said hello to MomMom. Then he was off running around smelling all the other fake flowers on other grave sites. Ashley commented on how sunny it was and that Jackson should have brought his sunglasses. He looked up at Aunt Ashley and Papa and said...." and my soccer ball". We all had a good laugh as he is sooo honest. So basically he thinks that it would be appropriate to bring his soccer ball next time we go and see MomMom...we will see about that Mr Jackson!
He enjoyed running around the open grassy area playing with all the flags on the other grave sites and playing with the chain that divides the cemetery. He took a long walk with Papa and looked at some of the surrounding sites around Moms. When it was time to go we told him to say goodbye. He was a few sites away from Mom's,  he walked up to a few that had bundles of flowers, spread the flowers apart and said, " bye MomMom, miss you" we laughed as he did it to a few random ones. We explained to Jackson that those were not MomMom's and pointed out which one was hers. He again walked up to hers and kindly spread the spring arrangement that Grandma and Betty had place and again said "bye MomMom, miss you" and blew her a kiss. I am not sure what Ashley and Dad thought, but I am sure it warmed their heart to finally see how Jackson talks about MomMom and how it seems like he truly still knows what an angel she is. I asked Jackson where MomMom was, as I want to make sure that he does not think she is not under some iron grave stone, he thought for a minute and said..." MomMom with Jesus" Ashley and Dad both praised Jackson for the correct answer.
As I quietly told Mom good bye and that I loved her and missed her beyond possible measure we packed up our chairs and blankets and headed to the car. Jackson kissed Aunt Ashley goodbye before she headed back out to Goodyear. I put Jackson in his seat and we ourselves got ready to head home. As Ashley drove off Dad, Jackson and I were getting ready to leave behind her in Dad's truck and Jackson yells something from the back seat that I could not understand. Dad and I looked at each other and Jackson said it again. We finally made out that he was saying "catch her, catch her" we laughed as we figured out that he wanted Papa to drive faster and catch Ashley as she drove off.
What a beautiful time we shared with Mom today, I do look forward to doing it more often.


So in closing..."MomMom, we miss you and love you and next time Jack and I come, maybe we will bring his soccer ball so you can see just how good he is at kicking the ball. I love you..."

Auntie Ashley & Jackson


As you can see Jackson was not in the mood for the camera...at all today.
He was closing his eyes on purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment