Monday, April 25, 2011

"Piky Hair" and "T'was the Night before Easter"

What a wonderful Easter weekend treat...The Moroneys came to AZ to spend Easter. Its always hard for them to fit in EVERYONE every time they visit but we are always thankful to be on their list.

Before we loaded up and headed over to Katie and Timmys to see the guests of honor, I did my normal Saturday cleaning routine. Jackson usually watches tv or plays with his toys and occasionally will come into the room I am cleaning hug my leg and tells me he loves me or asks "whatcha doin?"...
Well I should have known...I had not heard from him for a while (we are talking like 15 minutes or so) so I turned the vacuume off and went in search of my little man. I was in the kitchen so I went first around the corner to check the downstairs bathroom...sure enough the door was closed and the light was on. "MOM wins"...I thought to myself (retarded but if you have to play games with yourself in order to get you through the Saturday morning rotiune, by all means play away!) So I opened the door and found my little man...

and ...

an EMPTY container of texturing wax

All I could say was "no, no, no, why did you do this? No, Jackson."
He looks up at me and smiles and says...

"Jack's piky hair" as his taps his hand on the top of his head
and smiles, "Mom, Jack's piky hair"
even with all that wax in his hair
...Priceless

So after I wipped his hands off (left his hair alone cause that called for
a serious scrub down in the bathtub)
 I sent him out of the bathroom so I could RE-clean it.

Apparently I don't learn...
because I am more than certian I didn't fill the candles with
marbles or put the easter eggs there!

He was sitting on top of the table just giggling
with his "piky" hair.
I didnt catch a photo of that as my hands
were "slick" from cleaning the bathroom!


Now...bathtime, nap (for both of us :-) Ha, I wished) then loaded up to go and see the MORONEY'S!!!
After nap time we met up with the Moroney's at Katie and Timmys home...
Crystal and Nathan have been in TX now since October 2010. They are loving the "simple life" and life as dairy farmers. I love talking on the phone to Crystal after our kiddos have gone to bed, while cleaning and organizing and usually sipping on wine we catch up on life. Some phone converstations have lasted over 3 hours, and yet it never seems as if we have caught up on everything!
Seeing her in person is a way better treat than talking on the phone and its awesome to see the boys play together. I love hearing them giggle and talk and play make-believe.
I hope the boys friendship grows and grows despite the distance and the miles.
Shortly after arriving the boys were ready to head outside and play in the yard...
Nothing like a Mercedes full of handsome young men!

...and a handsome driver!

Nathan was pretending to go to the grocery store...
I think!

Playing house!

I love this photo
all four boys trying to figure out a way to get more than just their feet in the pool...

Thank goodness for the net!

Elijah's lizard like tongue

"Action Jackson"
Never sitting still

Dinner time
Yummy Pizza

Jackson is the least bit interested in dinner
...not a huge suprise

However Charlotte Belle on the other hand,
could not be more excited about her dinner...
she even wore some of it!

Movie time
this is my baby blanket (well actually Shannon's, I took it and claimed it as my own at a young age)
Jackson loves to snuggle up with it too

Running around and catching up with old friends is hard work
...time to rest up as the Easter bunny comes tonight!

There is never enough time to fully catch up on everything...
its important to make the time you do have together count. What better of a way to hang out and catch up on old times than to do it while sipping on wine and watching our kiddos play and grow right before our very own eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment