Wednesday, October 5, 2011

And just like that another year passes...

October 5, 2010...


I can close my eyes and remember everything about the 1st time I set eyes on my niece, Suri Rose.
She was a miracle, she was lucky enough to have just spent the last 29 days of her life up in heaven with her Grandma Diane. In those few days she was taught to have a fighters spirit and was given the gift of a beautiful smile that could melt your heart. She had all odds stacked against her, however she over came each and everyone of them and so far continues today in the same trend.
Our life's have been enriched with her giggle and changed forever. Amazing how your once completely normal life; which you thought you had everything; could be changed in a matter of minutes just by holding and rocking a sweet baby girl. The night of October 5, 2010 I can honestly say my life was and continues to get more enriched every day.



In just one quick year you have come a long way girl...
I am so proud of you and all of your accomplishments, I love how you have made our of our life's so much better and so much closer. This is something you will never fully understand.

Suri, this past year has been a hard year in more ways than one. I have enjoyed the times that I have been able to sit and rock you to sleep, singing the songs that your Grandma Diane sang to us girls and to Jackson when he was little. I have enjoyed staying home and taking a "sick day" with you and watch you when you were under the weather. You have always made me smile and I look forward to seeing you each and every time we meet.

You never will know your Grandma Diane here on earth, typing this causes a flood of tears to roll down my face. However, I know you did get to spend time with her in heaven before the Lord graciously gave you to us here on earth. I hope you have memories with her in heaven and that you are able to continue to get to know her through the stories we tell you. She was an amazing mother, friend, daughter and wife. You would have been so proud of her too and I know you guys would have been the best of friends. I feel so privileged to be able to hold you and comfort you when you are crying, rock you to sleep,  to read books to you and of course I love to dress you up and do your hair. I look forward to our bond growing over the years. I may be your Favorite Aunt, but I will also be your friend. I look forward to sharing in lifes joys and unfortunate sad times with you, growing and learning from your mistakes and celebrating your wonderful accomplishments. I know you will be super successful no mater what you choose to do with your life.

As long as you keep God number one, your mother second and your family third you will move mountains and have a beautiful future. Stay true to who you are and never settle for less.
Now I know you are only ONE years old and this is a lot for a ONE year old, but I want you to always know how special I think you are even from the very beginning.

I love you to the moon and back...Happy 1st Birthday Suri Roeses- Auntie Lindsay LOVES you soooooo much.


No comments:

Post a Comment