Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I love you to the moon and back...


Once again another busy weekend.
Friday I was still off from work with Jackson due to a little stomach bug he must have caught. I was happy to spend the time at home with him and was looking forward to tackling a few of the household chores I had been putting off. I was able to clean the house and organize some random piles and toys all with Jackson's help. I was excited to finally organize all of the toys under the stairs and get them all together. Jackson acted like it was Christmas again seeing all the toys that were tossed into the closet under the stairs unattended to for some time.


Friday evening we all headed up to Papa's house for dinner. Aunt Ashley, Uncle Don, Aunt Shannon, Zijah, Cousin Suri, Great Grandma, BETTY, Papa, Justin, Jackson and I were all together as a family for a pizza dinner. It was quite the treat to have Betty here in AZ. Jackson was sooooo excited to see her and welcomed her with a HUGE hug. Betty will be here to escape the Colorado snow, freezing weather AND to keep Grandma company for 3 weeks. We are always excited to see Betty come and sad when she leaves.


Saturday, Trenton, Melissa, Jackson and I were able to get out and enjoy the unseasonable warm AZ weather at Cashman park. Jackson and Trenton play together great and enjoyed the swings, playground , slide and playing tee ball together. Melissa and I enjoyed catching up on life outside of USAA, talking and going on a long walk with the boys in their strollers. We did not even realize that we had been at the park for almost 3 hours! After our visit to the park, Melissa and I were happy to visit Desert Ridge to spend MONEY on the boys at Children's Place, we sure do love a good deal and love it when we both take advantage of it and giggle about how this purchase is for sure going to be the straw that breaks the camels back and our husbands are going to leave us for spending MORE money. (FYI to date we are both still married...)
Later that evening Jackson and I headed over to the Zapoticzny house to help prepare and decorate cookies for Olivia's 1st birthday. Jackson and Sofia had a great time playing together with the bubble gun and eating Popsicles due to Jackson falling and busting open his lip :-( Still when I ask him if he had fun at Sofia's house he reminds me that he hurt his lip.
Sunday Justin, Jackson and I went over to the Zap household again to participate in the festivities for Olivia's 1st birthday. "Cute as a bug and sweet as can bee" was the theme! There was a lot of friends and family there; majority USAA employees. It was great to catch up with everyone and their families OUTSIDE of the USAA grounds. Jackson had a great time and was exhausted by the time we got home.


Tonight when I picked Jackson up from school I told him that we had a few places to go before going home. I wanted to go to ToysRUs to use some of my rewards gift points, and to get the normal; diapers, wipes, etc. On the way to ToysRUs Jackson and I were singing songs... (per his request, I would rather NOT make him suffer and listen to my singing). Lately he tells me to turn the radio off and tells me which song he wants to sing. It is usually one of his favorite songs... "I see the moon", "You are my Sunshine", followed by..."You are my Jackson" same tune as you are my sunshine just substitute sunshine for Jackson, the "ABC" song and "Twinkle, Twinkle".


Jackson once again amazes me with how much he picks up on and remembers. While singing "I see the moon" Jackson yells from the back seat, "Mommy Mommy, NO...sing  I see the CIRCLE moon". Before I was able to finish the song he was already on the 2nd verse and yelling ..."over the ocean over the sea"... I had to laugh and smile up above as I know that mom was watching down and getting a chuckle herself.


Jackson has a little bit of a lisp when he speaks. Dr said it is nothing to be worried about (nothing mechanical...in the way of needing to have his tongue clipped or anything) just need to help him with his pronunciation. The most obvious speech issue is when he says, "Yes", well more like "wess". I have been working with him and having him watch Mommy when I say the word "Yes". Since that has not been working I decided to emphasise the YAYAYAYAYAes in Yes. Jackson has fun with this and has said on a few occasions "YAYAYAYAes mommy, wess". Some times there is no "wess" that follows. This evening on the way to ToysRUs I stopped at McDonalds and asked him if he wanted chicken nuggets, he responded to me with "NONONO NO Mommy, No"...pretty sure Jackson you have NO down just fine without the "NONONO NO".


...this blog entry Jackson, is just ONE more of the many many reasons why I love you to the moon and back. I love you Love, Mommy xoxoxo






Fun at the park- 1/16/11

Getting ready for bed...bath and then brushing teeth. I love that you can see he was waiving in this photo, we sent it to Justin as he was not home yet before Jackson hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment